Tuesday, March 7, 2017

The Process

One of my biggest things in accomplishing something is having a process to get it done efficiently and effectively. I understand that if I have an outline to follow, it will be hard to slack off or fall behind. This first post is just a design of how my film opening will be laid out and the steps I will do to accomplish my task. I consider this post my holy grail for this project.

In the week of March 6th to March 12th, I will develop the process to which I will complete my film opening. That blog post (this one) will outline my entire process and the steps I take to effectively completing the project. The next post will describe the overall story. I will include the genre, the plot, and the character and my decisions for them. The final post that week will be describing what I will use to work on this film opening with and why I chose that technology.

In the week of March 13th to March 19th, my first post will outline the actual film opening. I will not go into depth about the outline, I will just simply lay it out. The next post will go into detail about my decisions I made in regards to the film opening. This will include a good portion of research and support into my decisions. My final post that week will include a full storyboard featuring different variety of shots. I will explain why I used certain types of shots to portray the scene and where/when I filmed.

In the week of March 20th to March 26th, I will film the "present-day" portion of my film opening. The opening will start with a series of "memories", and then snap to "present-day". In three separate posts, I will talk about the day's work and what I filmed and why. I will include any changes or issues that have come up that affected my work.

In the week of March 27th to April 2nd, my first challenge will arise. I will be in Anaheim for a week for a national broadcasting competition for the Student Television Network. While there I will film the "memories" portion of the opening. In three separate posts, I will describe what I filmed and why.

The week of April 3rd to April 7th I will edit my film opening. I will discuss how I edited it, what I used, and any changes/issues. In three separate posts, I will describe my days work.

From April 7th to April 8th, I will write and record my Creative Critical Reflection. I will reflect on my choices, obstacles, and the overall process of completing this film opening on a podcast. I will post the final project of the video.

It is important I follow this "Holy Grail" because a step-by-step process is important to completing a task efficiently and effectively. Preparation is a key component of success, and I hope I can accomplish that with this project. As Alexander Graham Bell said, "Before anything else, preparation is the key to success."  That seemed to work out pretty well for him.

"Alexander Graham Bell Quotes." BrainyQuote. Xplore, n.d. Web. 7 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment