Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Pre-Film Stage

According to my schedule, I have to film this week. As of now I have no actor and no definitive day to film. I need to change that. I wrote the script with my friend in mind so hopefully he can do it. I need to do it sometime Thursday through Sunday because I leave all next week and my mom and brother won't be home this weekend, so it will be easier to film.

All I will need is:
-an empty bedroom
-a white shirt
-white shorts
-an alarm clock
-a gloomy day

I realize that a gloomy day may be hard to get, and if I have to film not on a gloomy day so be it. Maybe I'll juts add more effects when the boy runs outside. I just looked at the weather and it is supposed to thunderstorm on Thursday and be gloomy Friday through Sunday. Nice. 

Speaking of effects, I want to add a fade and white tint to emphasize a sort of "heavenly" place. As its revealed later in the movie, the boy is in a place of "limbo" similar to heaven, but not quite there yet. In shows and films, heaven is usually depicted as a shiny and overly-white place. Some examples are the tv show South Park (pictured below) and the film Bruce Almighty, directed by Tom Shadyac. 
I guess all I have to is figure out officially when I am filming, and come up with a title.

Bartman, Derek. "Depictions of Heaven in TV." Time Entertainment. Time Entertainment, 6 Dec. 2015. Web. 20 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment