Sunday, April 2, 2017

The End of Filming

I got back from LA early yesterday morning, and I still have some work to do. At this point, I was supposed to be done filming but I still have some shots left:
My dog
A happy scene with my mom
A sad scene with my mom
Getting frustrated over work
Holding a girl's hand
The girl laughing/smiling
The girl leaving
The scene at the pool
I can get the first four and last one at home, but I'll need to do the ones with the girl in school. I can do it during my fourth period or seventh period, ideally.

I've already described why I want happy and sad scenes, but the pool memory is pivotal. That is when the character looks up at the sky, as if looking at God, then down at the pool then jumping. I also plan to have a knife just for more clarity that he is about to kill himself. However, it will not be revealed until the end that that is when the character kills himself and he is the one who is dead. This clip, along with other subtle features like the echo and the white clothing all add up to the character being in a kind-of limbo state before he ascends to Heaven. The goal is for the audience to watch the memories closely, and if their smart enough they can piece together how the character went from happy to depressed to dead.

Other than this delay, my only issue is that I have to submit my work on April 8th. However, I will be back in LA to visit family and I hope I will have time to work on my project. This is why I must get it done asap, but I do have lots of work to make-up and an SAT in the time until then. It will take some great concentration and focus to get it done, but as www.ananda.org says, "Concentration and determination are the keys to success."



Kriyananda, Swami. "Concentration Is the Key to Success." Ananda Sangha Worldwide. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment