Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Post-Production Pt. 1

I filmed the final parts of my memory sequence yesterday. One of them was me scratching my dog (pictured to the right). I did it to show another aspect of joy in the character's life. Also, a dog can symbolize friendship, per whats-your-sign.com/.

I started editing today. As I mentioned before, I'm using Adobe Premiere Pro. The first thing I did was put all the clips on the track. Then, I trimmed them to a timing I felt was appropriate. I have a few sequences on there, like when the character turns the corner into the living room. A sequence is important as it provides a "realistic and seamless transition between two chronological actions," according to thescriptlab.com.

Once the clips were in place, I started toying with visual effects. I settled on a transparent whit player to give the opening a "heavenly" feel. For more on that, check out my post The Pre-Film Stage. However, it doesn't look that good as it disrupts some of the clarity, so I might take it off and just reduce the saturation with the ProCamp effect.

I still have not found a title, but I created a template for it. I gave it a simple, sleek white font with a faded gray outline. I have it slowly zoom on a black background. I gave it a slow zoom to emphasize suspense and to change the pace from a fast sequence of events to something eerily slow. I checked out www.videomaker.com for some advice, and they recommended big, centered text to emphasize the title, kind of like the one from Psycho.

I really need to get the editing done because I have so much work to make-up by tomorrow and I leave for LA again after school. Just a quick thought.

"Dog Meaning and Dog Symbolism." Www.whats-your-sign.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Apr. 2017.

Schilf, Michael. "The Eight Sequences." The Script Lab. The Script Lab, n.d. Web. 05 Apr. 2017.

Driscoll Jr, Edward S. "The Art of the Title Sequence." Videomaker. N.p., 01 Sept. 2009. Web. 05 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment