Friday, April 7, 2017

The Post-Production Pt. 3

I'm done with my project! Now all I have to do is create a YouTube channel, record the CCR, and upload the final project (and blog about it). I can do that tomorrow though I have no time today. In this post I'll talk about some changes I made and some regrets I have.

I added text to credit the creator (me) and the actor (Alec) in the last shot. I used simple white text with the name being in bold (pictured below). I didn't want to be distracting, but I felt Alec and I deserved to be credited. The credits "not only acknowledge the achievement of the individuals responsible for the movie, but can create a sense of pride as well," per Arnon Shorr of studiobinder.com. This also means that if the movie is good, people will know who made it and I will be proud of it. If people don't like it, oh well I'm stuck to it.

 

I also added an upbeat, action track called Escalation in the end when the character realizes that he's alone. I did this to create a dramatic, epic effect. Jaclyn Bell says that the right music "sets the scene." In the scenes, the character is running frantically outside. It is a fast-paced sequence that should be accompanied by fast-paced music. Take a look at the Star Wars films. The music almost defines the entire series as it perfectly complements what's seen on screen.


It took a long, long time but I finally found a title: Gone. It reflects the first-glance situation (last person on Earth after everyone disappears) but also can represent the actual situation (dead and in a limbo-like phase before transiting to the afterlife). Let me explain. The character originally thinks that everyone is gone, but he doesn't know how or why and why he is the only one left. However, he comes to realize that it is him who is dead. His entire life, his family, his friends, his love and passions, all gone. He is the one who is "gone," not everyone else. I added a faint glow to a slow zooming white text to make it look more eerie.

I wish I did a couple things differently. First, I was so focused on making sure the shots were steady that I didn't realize that shots that move more on the edges might add to the franticness and confusion of the film. Also, I wish I had recorded some more audio tracks of Alec speaking so I could avoid some audio issues. Like I've said, my biggest issue was the white noise in the background. White noise is the background sounds that most people tend to overlook, like an A/C or the buzzing of a computer charger, or in my case a fish tank. I tried to reduce it using an Adaptive Reduction tool, but it was 50/50. It could just be me and that I was looking for the noise, but I'll have to see what others say. Overall, I am proud of what I made but I wouldn't say it's great. Now I have to make a YouTube channel. (For the sixth and final time, Thanks Blogger).



Bell, Jaclyn. "Music Makes Movies." Center Digitaled. N.p., 22 Apr. 2012. Web. 7 Apr. 2017. 

Shorr, Arnon. "Where Credit Is Due. Film Credits Order Hierarchy (with Free Film Credits Template)." Studio Binder. N.p., 8 Sept. 2016. Web. 7 Apr. 2017. 

No comments:

Post a Comment